No one needs an introduction for Kulbhushan Jadhav, an alleged spy who is under the custody of Pakistan police and given a sentence to death by a military court.
This disgraceful incident has left whole the country stunned, be it politicians, actors and the common man everyone is worried about his wellbeing.
Following this, Indian government assured that it will go out of the way to save Kulbushan Jadhav from being executed.
However, with this disgraceful move tensions between India and Pakistan has been surely escalated.
Here we bring all you need to know about Kulbhushan Jadhav.
- Jadhav retired from Indian navy in the year 2013
- After retirement, he started his independent cargo business without any ties with govt in Chabahar Iran
- Last year, on March 3, he was arrested for illegal entry into Pakistan near border area of Iran’s Chaman.
- Pakistani Security forces identified Jadhav as a RAW agent and believed him to be involved in practicing subversive activities in Balochistan and Karachi.
- Pakistan also released confessional video of Jadhav in which he acknowledging he was an Indian Navy officer.
- In the recent development, it is believed that Jadhav’s confessional video is heavily edited.
- On April 10, the spokesperson of Pakistan Armed Forces, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor informed about the news of death sentence on twitter.
- In response to this, Indian highly condemned the matter and said will do anything to bring back Jadhav.
- External minister, Sushma Swaraj said, “There is no evidence of any wrongdoing by Kulbhushan Jadhav.” She described the matter as an act of premeditated murder and warned Pakistan to face consequences if execution takes place.
- Following this, Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said the nation wants good relations with all countries, especially with its neighbors.
- On Tuesday, Pakistan’s Defence Minister said Jadhav have 60 days to file a petition before the Army chief and the President.
- According to Samaa TV report, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa agreed not to come under any pressure over the issue of Jadhav death sentence.