Ryan school murder: 16-year-old accused to be tried as adult

share on:

In the recent development, in the Ryan International School murder case, the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) has pronounced that the 16-year-old accused who reportedly killed seven-year-old Pradhyuman Thakur will be treated as an adult during court’s proceedings.

the Juvenile Justice Board has announced the accused Juvenile will be tried as an adult in the Ryan murder case.

Sushil Tekriwal, the counsel for Barun Thakur, Pradyuman’s father said in a statement, “The juvenile will be treated and tried as an adult. The Juvenile Justice Board also said the Class XI boy will be produced before the Sessions Court on December 22 and it will then assign the relevant court where trials will be held”.

It was reported that 16-year-old accused was arrested by CBI last month.

It was further added, “Until the age of 21, the accused will stay in the correction home, which is a provision in the Juvenile Justice Act. However, alongside, as per Section 21, he cannot be sentenced to hanging or life imprisonment, but this does not mean that he cannot be given a lengthy tenure of imprisonment”.

However, it was said that the juvenile will be produced in court on Friday.

share on: