Mushroom lover or not, doesn’t matter with these astonishing facts you will get to know that mushroom is a powerhouse for good health and why one should eat it.
Mushrooms are power packed with nutrients, proteins, calcium, minerals, iron, fiber and much more. In short they are versatile in nature.
There are different types of mushrooms available in the market including button, portobello, black, Oysters and many more. But the most common type of mushrooms we eat is white button and portobello.
We have enlisted of goodness of mushroom it might be helpful for those who don’t like mushroom as much due to its taste or whatsoever reason and for mushroom lovers too, who doesn’t know amazing facts of Mushrooms.
- Zero cholesterol and fats
- Low in carbohydrates, Helps in weight loss
- Rich source of protein, vitamins, water and fiber
- Help in maintaining sugar level, so beneficial for Diabetics
- Immunity Booster
- Mushrooms are the only vegetable which contains edible vitamin D
- Rich source of calcium, iron, potassium, copper and selenium
- They may help to prevent breast and prostate cancer
- Lowers Cholesterol level
- Contains Vitamin – B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and H
Apart from health benefits, Mushrooms are also beneficial for skin also see how:
Skin and Hair Benefits
- Hydrates Skin as mushroom contains a polysaccharide which is beneficial in hydrating and providing a plumping effect to your skin.
- As Mushrooms are rich source of Vitamin D, it helps in treating acne.
- Mushroom contains Kojic acid, which possess anti-ageing properties.
- Helps in fighting skin inflammation.
- Prevents Hair loss.
- Mushroom contains copper which is beneficial for your hair as it facilitates the absorption of iron directly from food.
- As mushroom is good source of selenium, which helps in growth of healthy hair.