India vs Australia 2017, second test in Bengaluru began with India’s batting as host won the toss and choose to bat first.
Following the defeat of 333 runs against visitors, Indian squads performed under pressure. It was good day for Australian squads as bowled out India at 189 runs in 71 overs.
Here we bring you highlights of India vs Australia 2017, 2nd Test Day 1
- India won the toss and chooses to bat first.
- Host started their first inning of second test against Australia with a new opening pair, KL Rahul and Abhinav Mukund on the crease.
- Host lost its first wicket of Abhinav Mukund at the score of 20 runs.
- Cheteshwar Pujara departed soon before lunch scoring 17 runs.
- India resumed after lunch at score of 72 with two on stumps in 27.5 overs.
- Australia got big wicket by dismissing Kohli at 12 runs in 17 balls.
- KL Rahul played well as he strucked on the crease from the starting and scored 90 runs.
- O’keefe dismissed Karun Nair at 26 runs.
- At Tea, India were at 168/5 in 59 overs with KL Rahul (79), R Ashwin (5) on crease.
- Soon after Tea, India lost the wicket of R Ashwin.
- After 65 overs, India was at 177/6 with KL Rahul and Wriddhiman Saha on the crease.
- With the wicket of Ishant Sharma in the first ball of 71 over, visitors bowled out India at 189 runs.
- Nathon Lyon got 8 wickets.
- Lyon took 8 wickets, broke Brett lee’s record.
- Australia began their proceedings with David Warner and Matt Renshaw as the openers.
- Australia are 40/0 at stumps and the Indian spinners are looking jaded and ineffective.