India vs Australia Test Series 2017 First Test, Day 2 began with Australia’s Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood on the crease and R Ashwin at bowling. After 5 balls of 94th over, visitors wrapped with a score of 260.
It was a tricky day for Indian players as it was worst wicket collapse of the season as host ended their first innings with just 105 runs.
Here we bring India Vs Australia Test Series 2017, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights:
- Australia resumed on Day with score of 256 runs and 9 on stumps.
- However, India took only five balls to bowl out Australia by dismissing Mitchell Starc at 61 runs.
- Visitors ended their First innings with score of 260.
- India started their First innings with M Vijay and KL Rahul on the crease.
- In sixth over, India lost its first wicket of Murali Vijay caught by Matthew Wade.
- In 14th over, Australia got two big wickets of Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli in the same over.
- India resumed after lunch with a score of 70 runs, lost of 3 wickets.
- KL Rahul smashed half century.
- At the end of the 33rd over India was at 95 with six wickets.
- O’Keefe picked up six wickets in 24 balls.
- India wrapped their first innings at 105 runs.
- It was India’s worst collapse in 2016-17.