The IPL auctions always come with a surprise, this time too it didn’t disappoint due to its exclusivity.
In a race to buy best players for their team, all the eight franchises actively participated this time too. England’s flamboyant all-rounder Ben is emerged as the most expensive player of this season of IPL.
From Indian players, Karn Sharma was the biggest buy, picked up by Mumbai Indians for Rs 3.2 crore.
On another side, there were some good players left unsold like India’s fastest bowler Ishant Sharma, South Africa’s leg-spinner Imran Tahir, Cheteshwar Pujara, Irfan Pathan and so on.
Here we bring the top buys of this season’s auctions:
- Ben Stokes purchased by Rising Pune Supergiants for Rs 14.50 crore.
- Tymal Mills purchased by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 12 crore.
- Trent Boult purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 5 crore.
- Kagiso Rabada purchased by Delhi Daredevils for Rs 5 crore.
- Pat Cummins purchased by Delhi Daredevils for Rs 4.5 crore.
- Chris Woakes purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 4.2 crore.
- Rashid Khan Arman purchased by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 4 crore.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 3.5 crore.
- Karn Sharma purchased by Mumbai Indians for Rs 3.2 crore.
- T Natarajan purchased by Kings XI Punjab for Rs 3 crore.