When you think about Indian Tennis only name which comes to your mind is of Sania Mirza. She was born on 15 November 1986 to a Muslim family in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Sania has been playing tennis since 2001 at the Global Level and she turned proficient in 2003. On her special day, we have a surprise for all her fans.
Here we bring to you some unknown facts about the tennis player.
- Sania Mirza began playing Tennis when she was 6 years old.
- She is India’s First Female Tennis Player to win a Doubles Grandslam Title.
- She was confirmed with Arjuna Award when she was only 18.
- She is first ever Indian to grab WTA (Women Tennis Association) which has positioned her as India’s No.1 Player from 2003 to 2013.
- Time magazine named her as “50 heroes of Asia” in 2005.
- She had a huge crush on Russian Tennis Star Marat Safin.
- Sania Mirza was initially connected with to childhood friend Sohrab Mirza in 2009 however the engagement broke later on.
- In 2014, Government of Telangana selected Sania Mirza as the brand ambassador of the state.
- Sania was also honored by Padma Bhushan Award this year.
- Sania’s favourite Bollywood actors are: Arjun Rampal and Akshay Kumar.
- Her favorite food items are Maharastian Foods, Pizza, Hyderabadi Biryani and Mutton.