Ahmadabad: After 8-years she gets a new food pipe, able to eat again

share on:
neha

The biggest happiness for one’s parent is to see their children safe and healthy; this was the same time for the parents of 8-year-old Neha, who would now be able to eat food after more than six years.

The story unfolds that when Neha was18-month-old, she accidentally swallowed toilet cleaning acid which was severally damaged her food pipe.

In a further development, an operation was performed on May 9, which lasted for long hours.

It was reported that Neha’s parents visited many hospitals to get her treated, but all the effects went in vain as doctors refused to operate the girl who weighs just 19.5 kg.

Neha who is just 8-year-old hails from a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Mau district.

Dr. Hasmukh Vora said in a statement, “We took a section of her small intestine and replaced the oesophagus, thereby creating a new link between her mouth and stomach”.

After the operation took place, now Neha was allowed by the doctors to eat solid food from May 15 and will get discharged from the hospital on Thursday.

share on: