A massive fire broke out took place at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras campus on Wednesday night.
The incident took place on the third floor of a building of IIT on Wednesday night and is assume to happen due to a short circuit.
The statement of IIT Madras reads, “There has been an incident of fire in a part of the top floor of the IC&SR building of IIT Madras. The fire tenders were brought in immediately and the fire has been brought under control”.
Further to this, it added, “No one has been injured; no one was inside the building. We thank the fire department and the fire fighters for their immediate support. The reason for the fire will be investigated”.
It was reported that at least five fire tenders were deployed at the location and no casualties have been reported so far.