Teenager wakes up on his way to funeral, rushed to hospital

share on:
funeral

In a bizarre incident which gain the public eye in which it was discovered that a 17-year-old boy from Dharwad, district of Karnataka was bitten by a dog and was undergoing treatment at a government hospital wakes up on his way to the funeral.

The incident took place when Kumar Marewad (17) was bitten by a stray dog since then he was suffering from the high fever and was admitted to the Dharwad government hospital.

In a statement, Kumar’s brother-in-law Sharanappa Naikar told the media, “We had decided to take Kumar home after doctors told us his chances of survival were bleak once taken off the ventilator”.

Doctors told the families that he has low chances to survive, following that, the family then decided to shift him home. Thereafter, Marewad’s family observed no movements in the body and assumed his death and make arrangements for his funeral for his cremation.

Dr. Mahesh Neelakhantannavar who was treating the boy told the family, he was suffering from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to the dog bite.

share on: