Will conduct more surgical strike against Pak if required says, Army chief Bipin Rawat

share on:
bipin

Bipin Rawat, Army chief on Monday warned Pakistan that a new round of surgical strike can occur again if the neighboring country does not behave properly.

Army chief General Bipin Rawat said in a statement, “Surgical strikes were a message that we wanted to communicate, and I think they understand that”.

Army chief Bipin Rawat was speaking at the book launch of India’s Most Fearless.

He said, “stronger nation, capable of taking decisions when the time comes, keeping our national security in mind”.

Adding further to this he said, “If required, and if the adversary does not behave, then we have to continue with this kind of activities”.

When asked about the infiltration attempts, Bipin Rawat said in the launch, “Terrorists will keep coming because the (terror) camps are operational there (across the LoC). Even we are ready. We will keep receiving them (infiltrators) to dispatch them two-and-a-half feet below the ground”.

Following this, Pakistan in his defense denied any such strike over India.

Last year, the surgical strike was conducted on the intervening night of September 28-29, 2016 across the LoC.  The strike was conducted following the Uri attack in Jammu and Kashmir in which at least 19 soldiers were killed in the area.

share on: