It was an eventful day for both of the teams with lots of ups and down, but somehow Indian bowlers managed to perform outstandingly on other side Australia began with a good start but later they stutter.
Here we bring highlights of India Vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 1
- Australia won the toss and opted to bat first.
- Australia began with openers David Warner and Matt Renshaw on the crease, Ishant Sharma started the proceeding for India.
- Umesh Yadav took the first wicket of Aussie opener David Warner at the score of 83 runs.
- Soon after Australia lost its first wicket, Matt Renshaw retired from the match for some time due to upset stomach later he came back with unbeaten 36 runs and smashed the half-century.
- In 78th over , Renshaw falls down with a score of 68 runs.
- Peter Handscomb and Steven Smith fall down just before the tea break.
- Visitors started their innings on a good note but later stutter as it had lost their top four players by tea break with a score of 153.
- Umesh Yadav took four wickets while Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja picked up two wickets each.
- Visitors were in deep trouble when they lost their ninth wicket at 205 runs only.
- Mitchell Starc helped Australia to reach 256 runs with his fifty. With his quick half-century, Starc completed 1000 runs in 35 Test matches.
- Australia ended day one at 256 runs in 94 overs with the loss of nine wickets.
- Visitors will resume on Day 2, with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood on the crease.